Thursday, January 04, 2007

Westinghouse Quad HD LCD TV

Just when you thought that 1920x1080 LCD TV was really cool, Westinghouse is set to unveil their 3,280x2,160 56-inch HD quad monitor, Westinghouse to Demo Quad HD LCD at CES - Gizmodo

So how do you create content for this beast? It's easy, and cheap, just connect your Canon digital still camera to your computer and run GBTimelapse and you can create ultra-HD time-lapse content. A $500 Canon G7 camera can capture 3,648x2736 images every 3 seconds when tethered to a laptop computer. Feed those images into Adobe After effects and you can create a visually stunning ultra-HD movie. I can't wait to give it a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been struggling with how to display my lovely gbtimelapse creations in 720p on my HD tv. So far I haven't found a way. The only way to see the 'lapses is on a computer. Is this my only solution?